Welcome!

Welcome!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

聖学院大学ECA (Speaking) I (J) 1/17 - food and other things in the past and changes in your life

Hello to all my Nichibun students,


By Tristanb [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/)], via Wikimedia Commons

How are you? Today, let's look at how to talk about food you ate in the past (過去). The picture above shows my favorite breakfast food as a child in Australia - Vegemite on toast. 

How you have changed over time? Take a look at this picture below. This was me when I was 21 years old



Now look at this picture below. This was me when I was 2 years old!


This is where I lived from 3 years old, until I was almost 12 - Perth, Australia.
This is where I lived from 3 years olduntil I was almost 12 - Perth, Australia.
By eGuide Travel (Flickr: Perth) [CC-BY-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

Today, we will look at how to talk about the past (過去) and how you have changed over time from the past with food and other things with this useful grammar point - used to + 動詞. For example:

I used to eat Vegemite on toast (= but not anymore in my life in Japan)
used to drink Coke (= but not anymore because it's not so healthy for me).
used to live in Australia (= I lived in Australia as a child, but not now as an adult).
I used to watch TV after school (= I watched TV after school as a child, but not now because I work)

Let's work on practicing and using used to + 動詞 today! What kind of food did you used to like or eat

No comments:

Post a Comment