Welcome!

Welcome!

Monday, January 7, 2013

芝浦工業大学英語総合1B - final presentations about love & marriage in other countries & cultures for 1/15 - useful presentation expressions

Hello to all my Eigo Sogo students,


Image "Conference Room" courtesy of Pixomar/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net

How are you doing with your presentation preparation? I hope you are doing well and will be ready for next week's final presentations. In this new post, I have some useful expressions that you can use when speaking in your poster presentation talk

This will be my last post for all of you - so please read this!

SOME USEFUL EXPRESSIONS
Using these expressions is called signposting - using words and phrases that signal to the audience how you introduce your subject, then how you go to the next part of the presentation, and so on. 

1. Introducing your subject
TMThank you for your time today. I'd like to begin by...
TMFirst of all, I'll...
TMStarting with this point, I'll...
TMI'll begin (today) with...

2. Ordering points or parts
TMFirst(ly)...second(ly)...third(ly)...last(ly)...
TMFirst...then...next...after that...finally...
TMTo start/begin with...later...to finish up...in the end...

3. Finishing one point or part and starting a new point or part
TMWe've looked at...let me (now) turn to...
TMAnd that's this point...I'd like to now show you...
TMFrom here, let's (now) look at...

4. Giving examples
TMFor example...
TMTo give you an example...
TMA good example (of this) is...

5. Concluding (finishing) your talk
TMI'd like to finish (up) by saying...and thank you for listening today.
TMLet me finish by saying...thank you for your time today.
TMTo sum up...and that's all. Thank you for listening.

You don't have to use every one of these expressions! But for each part of your talk, you should use at least one of the expressions above as you go along in your talk.

Here is my email address - washizoraATgmailDOTcom. Email me if you need any help or if you have any questions.

Good luck! See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment