Welcome!

Welcome!

Saturday, November 17, 2012

芝浦工業大学Writing 1B 11/16 - lesson review & some notes about writing

Hello to all my Writing 1B students,


How are you? Thank you for your hard work today in class. The picture above is what we did last week (11/16). Take a look at it to refresh yourself about the class.

NOTES
These notes are things you should do in your writing, especially now that we are at the halfway point of  the semester. I am happy with what you are doing, but these are things you have to remember in your writing. Read the following:

First, remember that you are not writing sentencesYou are writing paragraphs. For example:

My life at Shibaura            My life at Shibaura is good.
My life at Shibaura            I have made many friends here. 
My life at Shibaura            The classes are hard.
My life at Shibaura            So far I enjoy this school. 

My life at Shibaura is good. I have made many friends here. The classes are hard. So far I enjoy this school. 

Second, make sure you have the correct spacing between one sentence and another. For example:

My life at Shibaura is good.I have made many friends here.The classes are hard.So far I enjoy this school. 

My life at Shibaura is good. I have made many friends here. The classes are hard. So far I enjoy this school. (Look at the spaces between each sentence!)                                         

Third, try to connect your sentences to make longer ones. For example:

My life at Shibaura is good and I have made many friends here. The classes are hard, but so far I enjoy this school. 

Finally, remember to put capital letters for days of the week and months. For example:

   friday Friday       november 16th   November 16th


I have more things to show you, but will say them in the next post. 

Don't forget your homework - and your paragraphs to send to me before next Friday's lesson (11/23)!

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment