Welcome!

Welcome!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

芝浦工業大学Writing 1B 「初授業」

Hello,

How are you? We have three tasks today:

1. Pre-teaching surveys
2. About me
3. Getting to know your classmates

Task #1 - pre-teaching surveys - before you went online, I asked you to write some things about yourselves in your pre-teaching surveys. You have already started this task! I'll be happy to read them and learn about you.

Task #2 - about me - let me introduce myself to you. I'm Lee Arnold and I'm from the U.S., but I grew up in Australia.

Let me show you some pictures. They tell a story. Your job - very simple: anyone can ask me about this pictures in class. I'll be happy to tell you about them. Here's the first picture:


Here's some more. Ask me about these!




Please ask me about these! I have things to tell all of you - and I hope you have things to tell me about yourselves.

Task #3 - getting to know your classmates

Do you know your classmates? Let's do this activity!

Take 2 strips of notebook paper and write 2 sentences about yourself - 1 sentence each, on each paper. Make your sentences unique or interesting about yourself. Don't show anyone your sentences!

I will then collect these papers and mix them up, giving each of you other students' papers. Your job is to find the right owners of these papers. Maybe you will meet some new classmates and begin making some new friends today!

I'll be happy to get to know all of you! I'll try hard to learn your names. It won't be easy for me, and sometimes I'll forget - but I'll try. 

Let's have a great semester together!  See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment