Welcome!

Welcome!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

聖学院大学児童英語コミュニケーション・5月10日・lesson plan

Hello to my Jido Eigo Communication students!

Welcome to my blog. I will post things on it for you.

Today, here was our lesson plan. Because I changed it, I will write it here like this:

1. Warmer - what did you do over Golden Week?
2. Question-answer + question or comment
3. Handout - Exercise 4: follow-up questions
4. Poster design and presentation projects handouts

REVIEW OF QUESTION-ANSWER + QUESTION OR COMMENT:
This is an important and useful technique in English when meeting a non-Japanese English-speaking parent for the first time. But it is also useful in everyday English conversation too.


Look at this pattern you can use in everyday conversation with an English-speaking friend:
A: (Ask a question)  What did you do over Golden Week? 
B: (Reply with an answer)  Not much. I stayed home and relaxed. (Add question) How about you? (OR add a comment to the answer - It was good. [add optional "how about you?" question])
A: (Replies with answer) I had a great time! I went to Kyushu. 
B: (Asks a question with part of A's reply, with a comment)  Kyushu? Wow. What did you do there? 
A: (Replies with new answer and another question and/or comment) ...

Both people can keep this pattern going and make longer replies and ad-lib more questions using the content of each other's topics. 

Hope this helps your English! We'll practice this more next week when meeting someone (like a parent of one of your students) for the first time (5/17). Don't forget to look at the poster design and presentation handouts I gave you. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment