Welcome!

Welcome!

Sunday, November 26, 2017

東京理科大学 A英3: Writing assignment 5・作文5

Hello!



How are you? Today I will introduce our 5th writing assignment (作文5) - writing about a cause-and-effect (原因結果) situation involving people. While I have given all of you the handouts abut the assignment, I will post it here as another way to remind all of you about what you can do. 

Topic
Write a story – imaginary (想像上のストーリー) or real – about a cause-and effect (原因結果) situation with people or things.  

How much to write
I would like you to write as much as you can, so around 4-5 paragraphs' worth of writing. 

Deadline (締め切り)
This is a unique assignment, because we will do this completely in class today!

Guidelines
You will see two stories that go with the handout I have given you in class. They are based on stories involving cause-and-effect from other students. I would like you to read these stories. They can give you ideas on how you can imagine cause-and-effect situations. 

Important note:
To help you with ideas, the next blogpost after this one has some pictures of people and situations that might give you ideas of cause-and-effect situations. Look at them and you can use them to help you with your writing.

Then write out a first draft (下書き) today in your notebooks in pencilWrite to your own pace – but if you finish first, look around for anyone else who is also finishedGet together with that person and read your writing to that person, then let the person read his or her story to you.

If you can, give a little advice to the person about his or her writing. Let the person also suggest some things to you too. You can then change things about the draft as you need to, then write to the finish in class and turn in your work. 

I will then select what I see to be the best writing and ask those of you I select to then type up your writing to hand in to me. I will then publish (出版する) the best stories! I will tell you about a different deadline then. 

Good luck with this! I hope you can have fun with this way of doing a writing assignment. 

I look forward to reading your great writing on this topic! 

See you next time!


Image: Personal photograph. All rights reserved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment