Welcome!

Welcome!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

星薬科大学・another special posting for Hoshi ESS & Tuesday Pharm Eng I students

Hello to all my Tuesday Pharm Eng I students and the Hoshi ESS,

How are you? Hope you've all had a good weekend.

As you all can see, here's a video above - it's about English castles. Tomohiro Onuki is interested in buildings in England, so I thought he might find this video interesting. Tomohiro - watch it and tell me what you think. For anybody in the ESS - have any of you ever been to England? Have you ever seen a real English castle? Talk about it with each other!

Here's something for Yuki Nakajima and the Hoshi ESS: Yuki - you have said that you enjoy snowboarding and are the president of the snowboarding club, and that you would like to write more in English.

So here's something to cool you down on our warm days - for you, Yuki, and anyone else in the Hoshi ESS who loves snowboarding - here's a video of Shaun White, the great American snowboarder!


Yuki - I know you are busy but sometime, when you have a chance - write something short about what snowboarding means to you, and share with me - ask me for my email address and you can send it to me. 

Here's something else for Mika Takahashi and the ESS: Mika - you've said you're in the Hoshi dance club. What do you think of this? It's a video of the Brazilian fighting dance, the capoeira:


Tell me what you think of it! For those of you in the ESS - do you dance? And do you know about capoeira? If you like dancing, this might be really interesting to you. Tell your dancing friends about it.

For Aya Oguchi and the ESS, here's something different. Look at this picture: 
They're all happy! Aya - you've said that your two favorite words are "happy" and "smile." So tell me - or tell your friends - what are three (3) things that make you happy? Think, say and finish this sentence:

Three things that make me happy are ____________________, ____________________ and  ____________________.

Aya - do this and tell me next class! And for all of you in the ESS - next time you meet each other for an ESS get-together, pass this idea around and say and share your ideas about what make you happy with each other!

Finally - for Yuki Yamazaki - you have said you teach chemistry to junior high school students. So I have a question:

What's the biggest challenge to you about teaching chemistry to young students? Tell me what you  think sometime. (And by the way - what's this famous drug in the picture above?)

FOR ALL OF YOU IN MY TUESDAY CLASSES - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE FINAL PRESENTATION GROUPS! I'LL ASK YOU ABOUT THEM NEXT CLASS!

See you next class!










No comments:

Post a Comment