Welcome!

Welcome!

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

ECA (Travel English): about me (Part 2)/私について

Hello again!



How are you? As promised, here (finally!) is my Part 2 of answers to your pre-teaching survey questions. 

I have been busy, so I'm very sorry this is so late, but I finally had the time to put up this Part 2 post. I hope I can answer these questions well!

First, many of you asked this question: what are your hobbies? 

Well, I'm busy and these days I don't have much time for hobbies, but when I do have some free time, I like to search around YouTube for old videos and old TV shows from when I was younger in the U.S. and Australia. 

I also like to walk - I love walking, especially in Tokyo! When I do, I like to take pictures of things I find interesting - streets, old buildings, places and things that most people don't notice much. I think there's a lot of history in these things and I like to take pictures of these kinds of things. 

Here's an example. I found these pictures on a wall near Nakano station in Tokyo:




Aren't they great? They were lined up one after another. I had to take these! Some unknown artist did these. I love them! Things like these are what I love to find. Here's another picture from the same wall: 


I think these are incredible!

Now here are some more questions. 

Some of you asked me this kind of question: where do you want to travel to?  

Let me change that question, and tell you about places I think are good to go to for you!

If you want to see something unique, and some place in America most people outside of the U.S. don't go to - I think my home state of Idaho in the U.S. is a unique place to travel to! It has everything - mountains, desert (砂漠), forests, everything! Here are some pictures of things you can find:




My home state of Idaho - it can be an amazing place!

Here are some more questions. 

A few of you also asked me this question: are you married? 

The answer is yes! I am married. I have been married for the last 11 years to a fantastic and wonderful wife. (I would show you her picture, but she doesn't like me to put her picture up here. So maybe I'll show you her picture in the class!)

One person asked me: what's your blood type? Well, my blood type is O+. 

One more person asked me: what kind of music do you like, and do you like singing? 

I like rock, jazz, and R&B. They're my favorites! But I'm sorry to say that I don't like singing. I have a terrible voice!

I have many other things to say, but I have to stop for now. I'm too busy to go on! So for now, that's all.

See you next time in class!


Images: Top and painting shots – personal photographs. All rights reserved.
Idaho mountains - "Owyhee Mountains". Licensed under Public Domain via Wikimedia Commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Owyhee_Mountains.jpg#/media/File:Owyhee_Mountains.jpg/ mountain range -
"Seven Devils" by T. Demetriades - http://www.fs.fed.us/r4/payette/local-resources/images/photo_pages/council_camp_photo.shtml. Licensed under Public Domain via Wikimedia Commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Seven_Devils.jpg#/media/File:Seven_Devils.jpg/sunset  -
"May -conservationlands15 Social Media Takeover- Add the Continental Divide Trail - the “King of Trails” - to Your Bucket List (17701256575)" by Bureau of Land Management - May #conservationlands15 Social Media Takeover: Add the Continental Divide Trail - the “King of Trails” - to Your Bucket List. Licensed under CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:May_-conservationlands15_Social_Media_Takeover-_Add_the_Continental_Divide_Trail_-_the_%E2%80%9CKing_of_Trails%E2%80%9D_-_to_Your_Bucket_List_(17701256575).jpg#/media/File:May_-conservationlands15_Social_Media_Takeover-_Add_the_Continental_Divide_Trail_-_the_%E2%80%9CKing_of_Trails%E2%80%9D_-_to_Your_Bucket_List_(17701256575).jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment