Welcome!

Welcome!

Friday, January 16, 2015

特別ポスト - ECA (英語基礎表現) II (Super A): final writing assignment support (Part 2)/期末作文サポート (Part 2)

Hello!



How are you? My apologies to all of you first - I have had so little time! I could only do a 'Part 1' post last night because I had no more time to make a longer one! I'm doing this post quickly as well.

I have searched around on the Internet, but I have had almost no time to make any more links. I will post what I have here. 

So for those of you I did not write to last night, here are some comment and recommendations for your topics, and some reminders to you of the comments I made yesterday:

Hana:
In your paper on comparing Japanese and American food, I have two links for you here and here - you might want to check them out. You might want to compare the origins of these two kinds of dishes in the links to see what they might have in common.

Maya:
In your topic about comparing expressions of respect in Japanese and English, you might want to focus on the contrast between the numerous set expressions of respect in Japanese and the confusion of variety in expressing respect in English.

Hirano-san:
About your topic of comparing your favorite movies, you might want to go into the style of direction in the two films - how the pacing or the flow of action is different between the two movies, and how or why you think they are as entertaining as they are to you because of the direction.

En:
You have a difficult, but interesting topic. It's hard for me to know what to say to support you - though I think it's a great idea. Your basic idea is how one thing that is different from another thing can survive and develop well from it. You saw the example of the lotus in the picture - maybe you can find other examples of flowers or things in nature that grow in what might be dangerous places or under dangerous conditions.

Yui:
You are comparing Hokkaido and Okinawa, which can be interesting. To give focus to your topic, you might want to show how both places are outliers in Japan - that means they have been outside of the main areas of development of Japan and have sub-cultures that are different from the Kanto or Kansai. So focus on points of culture and maybe even language - how the Japanese language in Hokkaido and Okinawan are different from standard Japanese, for example, with some examples of some phrases or expressions.

I know I could not find many links (except for Hana), but this is all the time I have. I hope my comments can help you in your focus. Good luck on your papers and I'll look forward to getting them next week.

See you then!


Image: "Process Word" (courtesy of Stuart Miles)/FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment