Welcome!

Welcome!

Thursday, January 9, 2014

特別ポスト- ECA (英語基礎表現) II (Super A): writing about music (Part 2)

Hello to my Eigokisohyougen students,


How are you? As promised, here's Part 2 to your writing about the music pieces I played for you. 

Here's the third piece of music I played for you - Miles Davis' "Portia"


Here's what you wrote about it:

I think I can hear bass, piano and drum. Also it is similar with Beijing Opera of China. Both of them are awesome. But this song is not my love style. I think it is pretty noisy. Maybe it fit in a fancy restaurant.

It is a barroom, but there are a few people in here, it is quiet and the music around the barroom. Then, a beautiful and rich woman come into, she sit and order a wine, she listening the music and thinking something.

Some ghosts seems to come out. I feel scary. The place is haunted home. Young people exploration at haunted home.

A woman spy is carrying out a mission. One day, the woman steals into a castle and takes jewelry.

It is just look like some of the mysterious theme from the mist. In that case, something must be uncomfortable coming from the mist. 


Some very different reactions to this! All interesting - ghosts, barrooms, mist, women 
on spy missions, and the Beijing Opera. Great! 

Now here's the fourth piece of music - Frank Zappa's "Little Umbrellas"


Here are your reactions to it:


I think some people in forest. There have a lot of animals. The people are dancing. They are amazing. Maybe they are celebrate all saints' day.

This song is just like the theme of the dunce guy. For of it, I knew it by the illustration of the CD case!

I don’t like the style which is scared. It is like a ghost!

I think it is in the big department. There must be big game center. In finally, this music made me wonder sense like out of this world kind of music. That was wonder music I think.

Overall, maybe this wasn't your favorite, but some interesting feelings on it anyway!

You tried hard on your writing on these. Good work!

Videos uploaded from YouTube. I do not own the rights to these videos or the compositions. No copyright infringement intended. Uploaded for educational purposes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment