Welcome!

Welcome!

Thursday, January 9, 2014

特別ポスト- ECA (英語基礎表現) II (Super A): writing about music (Part 1)

Hello to my Eigokisohyougen students,


Image "On The Stage" courtesy of George Stojkovic/FreeDigitalPhotos.net



Once again Happy New Year! Here, I am posting some of your writing about music that you did in November and December. I would like you to re-read these to remind yourselves of the good work you can do. I'm posting these with the videos I showed you before to compare your writing with the music. 

Hope you enjoy these again! I also hope they can help you with your final writing project. 


Above is the first piece of music you wrote about - Jacques Loussier's "Siciliano in G Minor." The next video below is the second piece of music you wrote about - Ronny Jordan's "After Hours." 


Here's what you wrote about the Jacques Loussier piece: 

A man plays the piano alone. This music motif is his sadness story. He fight against himself past.

It is gentle rhythm. I can hear piano and drum. When I listen to this song, the image which comes to mind is a girl who sits on the chair of park in sunny day. This song makes me relax and comfortable. Although it maybe make me sleepy, it will take a great dream to me.

It is a raining day, a man and a women, they are taking an umbrella and they meet in a bridge by chance. They loved each other, but they can not love together. They do not say anything to each other, but in their hearts, it likes the raining day.

I think there are two people, they are long time since they last time meet each other. Now they are together, so they are very happy with that. They have a nice talk and have a good time. But time is very soon. One of them have to leave. So finally they feel sadly.

A girl is depressed. But the girl goes to a dance party by chance and the girl meets a best partner.

About this music, I feel something relaxing and comfortable of this music. I will try to listen it when
am going to take relax.

I think it is not fine, but it is gentle.

Some very interesting reactions! Now here's what you wrote about the Ronny Jordan song: 

Some young people go to a trip and they come to a minority country. The people in here are very warm, they have a campfire to welcome they come. They are singing and dancing, they are very happy and joyful.

It's a nice music. Some people are dancing. It's beautiful. Maybe they in town. Beautiful dance and beautiful scenes. There have smile and laughing.

When I listen to this music, the image comes to me is a wonderful restaurant. There is a beautiful girl is sitting who is drinking the red wine.

This music is about the midnight city. I am in the golden bar and having a cocktail to take a golden
time.

The image is like our life. The world change in everyday. Yesterday has gone, today is hurry, and tomorrow will come.

It is very beautiful. I feel it is quiet and tastefully laid out and elitist. 

Some more interesting reactions - some very different from one another. That's good! I will post more reactions in a follow-up post. 

Videos uploaded from YouTube. I do not own the rights to these videos or the compositions. No copyright infringement intended. Uploaded for educational purposes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment