Welcome!

Welcome!

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

電気通信大学 AE2Y I: Board notes for Topic 1 presentation & writing assignment

Hello! 



How are you? Here are the board notes for today's (5/8) class on preparation for your Topic 1 presentation & writing assignments for next week (5/15). 

While I know many of you took your own pictures of these board notes, I am posting them here as well for anyone who might not have had their Smartphones handy, or had no chance to take their own pictures of the notes. 


Here are more of the notes:




This one is important! A good summary makes the topic clear for yourself - and in turn, will make it clear for the audience when you present

Extra note
Here are some variations of language you can use in structuring the beginnings of your summaries. I'll use my example about Bitcoin to show some different ways to start off your summaries.

例:
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are making major news now. This topic centers on the possible effects that I see may happen with the economy, and why we should be concerned…

My topic today focuses on Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, and my strong concern on the possible negative effects to the economy they represent…

Much is being written and discussed about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies at present. My reaction is that while many are positive about what they may mean for the economy, I am very unsure about how positive their effects are…

My choice for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for my topic today comes from not only how timely they are, but also some problems I believe may develop from adopting them as alternatives to standard currencies such as the U.S. dollar, the euro, and the yen…

Now here are the rest of the notes: 


These were the notes next to the one about the summary. 



These are some notes about the posters.



Here are some notes about Power Point - and how many of you showed that you want to do Power Point displays for your presentations.

I hope these can help you. Good luck for next week! I'm looking forward to seeing you and your great work. 

See you then!

Images: Personal photographs. All rights reserved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment