Welcome!

Welcome!

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

電気通信大学 AWE I: Writing assignment 1 (The Small Book of Big People)・作文1

Hello!

How are you? 
Today, I'll tell you about our 1st writing assignment (作文1). While I gave all of you the handout about the assignment, I will post about it on here as another way to remind you, with a little extra information. 


Topic

Write about a unique, interesting, or special personYou can write a one-sided argument about a unique or interesting person of your choice. Research and write about anyone - a scientist, for example; or even someone who is not from science, such as a singer, musician, actor, athlete, writer or artist.


I will gather your writing on this topic into a book of student writing about people called The Small Book of Big People. I started this a few years ago with students I had at another university. 

So here's some extra information: Check their writing out at this link, and at this link too. These are student writings on other kinds of topics, but they are good examples of the kinds of things students can do. I hope they can give you some confidence that you too can write as well as they can. I believe you can!

How much to write

How much do you write? I would like you to write as much as you can, because your work may be published (出版した) on both this blog and in The Small Book of Big People book. 


I would like to see all of you go for at least 2-3 paragraphs' worth of writing – even more is better, if you can try for it.  
 
Deadline (締め切り)
Our deadline is May 26th (5/26), so you have two weeks. I want you to bring in a first draft (下書き) next week (5/19) in your notebooks in pencil. I will then review your work, then you can write to the finish and turn in your work. 

Good luck with this! I hope you can have fun with this, and enjoy writing about a person or a place.




Images: Top - "Blank Document Area Shows Copyspace White Background For Note" (courtesy of Stuart Miles)/Albert Einstein: Screenshot courtesy of Famous World blog. 
I do not own the rights to the Einstein image. All rights reserved to copyright holder(s). Uploaded for classroom use only. 

No comments:

Post a Comment