Welcome!

Welcome!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

週3・4 - ECA (Speaking) I & II (D, J & A): 過去

Hello to my speaking students,


Image "Vegemite Sandwich" courtesy of Jabiru/Dreamstime.com

How are you? Let's look at talking about the past (過去). The picture above shows my favorite breakfast food as a child in Australia - Vegemite on toast. 

How you have changed over time? Look at this picture below. This was me when I was 21 years old



Now look at this picture below. This was me when I was 2 years old!



This is where I lived from 3 years old, until I was almost 12 years old - Perth, Australia.lia


Image "Perth Cityscape" courtesy of Sumnersgraphicsinc/Dreamstime.com

How you have changed over time from the past? This is a useful grammar point for talking about the past - used to + 動詞. 例えば:

used to eat Vegemite on toast (= but not for breakfast in Japan now)
used to drink Coca-Cola (= but not anymore because it's not healthy for me).
used to live in Australia (= I lived in Australia as a child, but not now as an adult).
used to watch TV after school (= I watched TV after school as a child, but not now because I'm busy)

Homework/Activity
What kind of food or drinkTV shows or games did you used to like, watch or do when you were a child? 

Write 4-5 sentences with used to + 動詞 in your notebooks about your past (過去)!

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment