Welcome!

Welcome!

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

ECA (英語基礎表現) II (Super A): Impressions of 3/11 (Part 1)

Hello!



How are you? Today I would like to upload some of your great writing about the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami of March 11, 2011 in a special post. This is Part 1 of this writing. 

Let's now look at some of these pieces of writing. Here's one:  

In March 11, 2011, earthquakes and tsunami happened in Tohoku areas. If I were a victim of earthquakes and tsunami, I will move away somewhere else briefly. If possible, I want to live in local place for a long time. But if the support reconstruction is not finished, I don't know when disaster happen again and it is dangerous near the sea. It is difficult to live in there, no matter how love the local place. 

As a result, I move away somewhere else, more safe place. It is lonely to leave and live in another place, but someday, when finished support reconstruction, I will return to local place. 

Great! Here's another one:

I think that if we can't live in the hometown that suffering damage, we have to choose to stay there or leave. 

If I choose case to stay, I think that I don't want to leave my hometown. Because there are a lot of memories of my life and I want to cooperate of reconstruction, because most of people are suffered by disaster, they leave their town consequently. Then, who will reconstruct? I want to be safe in my hometown. 

If I were parent, I think to leave hometown, because I have to protect my children from many danger, for example, tsunami, radioactivity leaking from nuclear power plants, hunger and so on. I want children to study if they want. 

Eventually, I have never experienced. It's difficult for me to judge I don't know unless I actually experience damage, but I think I just want to have a safety bag, for my safety.   

Another good one! Now let's look at this one: 

An earthquake occurred in the Tohoku region when I was in junior high school third grade. At that time, I was at school and ran away to the schoolyard. Since I attended a junior high school in Tokyo, the train did not move and I stayed overnight at a junior high school on that day. I knew that an earthquake occurred in Tohoku, but I could not see the news yet. The next morning, my mother came to pick me up at school. I was surprised to see the news after arriving home. So, I learned that a tsunami occurred in Tohoku, and I did not get to know the fact that many damage was caused by nuclear radiation activity. I was only able to TV, many casualties came out in Tohoku by earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear power plant. looking at the news that many people are suffering, I thought that I could do something. It was difficult for me to the Tohoku by helping, so I donated a donation that I want you to work hard for recovery a little. As a result, Tohoku people can live a better life. We should help young people so that people who are suffering from disasters can live the same way even six years from now. 

So true. Now, let's look at a moving story - an imaginary one of a survivor:  

I am a 34-year-old office worker in Miyagi, in Ishinomaki city. My wife "lived" there too. What does "lived" mean? Yes, sadly, she had been killed by tsunami on March 11. She worked at the Ishinomaki city hall. 

At that time, after the earthquake, she and all city hall customers knew what happen next. After the big earthquake, then next comes the big tsunami. They knew about that, so they panicked. But, some survivor of city hall said that she did some brave things. She shouted out to everybody, and she said "Everybody please calm down, the huge tsunami will be here soon. So, we have to move for the roof top. Please move right now." After she said all this, she carried the ball and she carried small child upstairs. Finally, after checking for anybody behind her, then the tsunami came. 

I decided to move with my small son from Miyagi. My son is five years old. He cries every night because he missed his mother. So we have to move on next. Nothing left behind us. Good memory turns to sad memory. My home, my job, my son's school, me and my son's friends…

Everything took over because of the tsunami. We have to rebuild our whole life, without her.  But now, I can't stop thinking of her. So, we have to get out of here. 

Maybe, my wife wants the same thing too. But I never forget about her. 

Very moving.  There will be more in Part 2. 

See you there! 

Image - U.S. Marine Corps photo by Lance Cpl. Garry Welch - This Image was released by the United States Navy with the ID 110320-M-0145H-063 (next).This tag does not indicate the copyright status of the attached work. Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons. Uploaded for classroom purposes only. All rights reserved to the identifiable copyright holder(s). 

4 comments:

  1. I know that feeling. I am so sorry about it, and I like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these. They are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have been through hard time. I was really moved by this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think, I have to think about preparing against a disaster after read them. You may have many hard things, but fight! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete