Welcome!

Welcome!

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

ECA (英語基礎表現) II (P): 秋期末プロジェクト、まとめ

Hello and Happy New Year!



How are you? Today let me show you the final project (期末作文) and wrap-up (まとめ) for the fall semester (秋学期).

We will do two things:

1. Short presentation with writing
Your presentation will be a display with writing and pictures on it. Your topic is about the future (将来、未来). Your title is: My future dreams and plans. This will be the final writing assignment (期末作文) for the class.  

Think about these things: What kind of job and career do you want when you finish Seigakuin? Where do you want to live? What kind of life do you want to have - in a small town, or maybe in a big city like Tokyo? Do you want to get married and have children? (It's okay if you don't.)

You can make your poster colorful, but here is an example (例えば) of the kind of design you can do:


I would like you to do this on A3 size paper. You can use photos or draw pictures. Have fun with this!

2. Short listening test
I have said before that I do not like paper tests, and do not like giving them. I also know you do not like taking tests! I feel we have done a lot of listening practice with the TOEIC book. But the Seikei department (学科) really wants you to get higher TOEIC scores.

So, I have to give a short listening test. I really do not want to do it, and it is not on the syllabus. I'm very sorry about this! So I will make this test about things we have studied in the TOEIC book this semester (秋学期).

Our schedule
Here is our schedule:

1/12 - show the final project and wrap-up (まとめ) points and schedule
1/12 - begin work on presentation poster writing ideas
1/19 - short listening test
            work on posters and writing with teacher check and advice
1/26 - present posters in groups in class
1/26 - turn in (提出する) posters

Good luck! I will look forward to seeing your posters and read your writing about your future dreams and plans.

See you next week! 

Image: "Pink Lotus" (courtesy of seaskylab)/FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment