Welcome!

Welcome!

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

週7~10 - ECA (英語基礎表現) II (Super A): writing about music (Part 2)

Hello,



How are you? Here is Part 2 about the pieces of music I had played in class for you. 

Keep going through the paragraphs you wrote in class on the music you heard. You have listened to the first two pieces of music - now here are the other two pieces of music. 

Here - click on this link to see a video about the third piece of music I played for you - Miles Davis' "Portia." 


If you want to know more about Miles Davis, click here to read a Wikipedia article (in Japanese) about him. 


Now - click on this link to see a video clip of the fourth piece of music I played for you - Frank Zappa's "Little Umbrellas."  


If you want to know more about Frank Zappa, click here to read a Wikipedia article (in Japanese) about him. 


Does seeing images to the music, or reading more about the artists, change your feelings or images about them? Write some comments to this blog post about them!


See you next time!


Image photographed from DVD cover for purposes of subject illustration. I do not own the rights to this image. All rights reserved to the owner(s).

4 comments:

  1. Hello.
    I am Maya.

    For me,the most surprsing artist is Frank Zappa. His tough mind to politics and America was out of my image from his music perfectely. His music sounded funny and being in a hurry. I did not imagene that the artist of the music#4 had such a strange and uniqe character. It was so interesring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting impression! I love Frank Zappa and listened to him in high school. He did a lot of music - rock, avant-garde classical composition, and a mix of the two. He was a great rock guitarist and composer and his political stance was (and still is, even now) quite unique. He angered a lot of people on both the right-wing and the left, but he was himself - quite a unique position to be in that he never apologized for. Glad you liked it (even though I know he is not to everyone's taste!) and could appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. Hello! I'm Nanami.
    I didn't know about the songs and music artists.I like all four songs.Especially I think first song is beautiful.
    Jacques Loussier is so great pianist.I learned he has been studying music since he was a child.
    Although Jacques Loussier is great,Frank Vincent Zappa is also great!He is unique,famous and mighty musician.
    I will listen the four songs while imaging stories again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you could enjoy these, Nanami. They're all very different pieces of music and maybe not what a lot of people would go out of their way to listen to, but unique all the same. Good comment!

      Delete