Welcome!

Welcome!

Thursday, December 12, 2013

週11 - ECA (英語基礎表現) II (Super A): 節のフォーマット、主題文など

Hello to my Eigokisohyougen students,

Image "Line Sheet With Pen" courtesy of adamr/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net

How are you? Thank you for your hard work in class!

NOTES
These notes are things to do in your writing. First, remember that you are not writing sentences. You are writing paragraphs. For example:

My life at Shibaura            My life at Seigakuin is good.
My life at Shibaura            I have made many friends here. 
My life at Shibaura            The classes are hard.
My life at Shibaura            So far I enjoy this school. 

My life at Seigakuin is good. I have made many friends here. The classes are hard. So far I enjoy this school. 


Second, make sure you have a topic sentence at the beginning! The topic sentence gives hints about what comes next in the supporting sentences. For example: 

I will tell you about my life at Seigakuin. (topic sentence) - so - 

I will tell you about my life at Seigakuin. My life here is good. I have made many friends here. The classes are hard. So far I enjoy this school. 

Second, make sure you have the right spacing between one sentence and another. For example:


I will tell you about my life at Seigakuin. My life here is good.I have made many friends here.The classes are hard.So far I enjoy this school. 

I will tell you about my life at Seigakuin. My life here is good. I have made many friends here. The classes are hard. So far I enjoy this school. (Look at the spaces between each sentence!)                                         


Third, connect your sentences to make longer ones. For example:


I will tell you about my life at Seigakuin. My life here is good and I have made many friends here. The classes are hard, but so far I enjoy this school. 

Finally, have more supporting sentences to make your writing stronger, including examples. For example: 


I will tell you about my life at Seigakuin. My life here is good and I have made many friends here. The classes are hard, but so far I enjoy this school. I feel I am challenged every day in the classes. 

For example, in my basic communicative English writing class, I have to do some kind of writing I have never done before, like writing paragraphs. It is not easy for me, but...

I hope this helps you.


See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment