Welcome!

Welcome!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

特別ポスト: 節のフォーマット、ルール

Hello to all my students,

Image "Line Sheet With Pen" courtesy of adamr/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net

How are you? This is a re-post of notes, with a few changes, about formatting paragraphs (節をフォーマット) plus some rules about writing names of places in English.

NOTES
These notes are things to do in your writing. 

1. Remember that you are not writing sentences. You are writing paragraphs (). For example:

My life at Shibaura            My life at university is good.
My life at Shibaura            I have made many friends here. 
My life at Shibaura            The classes are hard.
My life at Shibaura            So far I enjoy this school. 


Please format like this: 

My life at university is good. I have made many friends here. The classes are hard. So far I enjoy this school. 

2. Connect your sentences to make longer ones. For example:

My life at university is good and I have made many friends here. The classes are hard, but so far I enjoy this school. 

Finally, remember to put capital letters for days of the week and months. For example:



   wednesday Wednesday       october 3rd   October 3rd


Also - names of places are not in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, or with "quotes" around the names. For example: 

I went to "Kurihama beach" in August. I went to Kurihama beach in August.
I really love going to HAKONE.  I really love going to Hakone. 

I will show you more on formatting and rules for titles of songs, albums, books and stories soon. 

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment